Highlighting Positive Community News and Stories from the Greater Coatesville Area

Coatesville Native Now Motivational Speaker and Author

Jan 23, 2024 | Coatesville

In 2011, Ethan A. Poetic, a native of Coatesville, survived a nearly fatal car crash, resulting in multiple injuries, as reported by Matteo Iadonisi for 6ABC.

Reflecting on the incident, Poetic remarked on the stark odds he faced: “99 percent chance of death versus 1 percent of life. That means I shouldn’t be here.”

Out of the five individuals involved in the tragic accident, three managed to survive, with Poetic being one of them. Initially grappling with survivors’ guilt, Poetic eventually decided to transform his grief into a “celebration of life” and dedicated himself to using his experience to inspire others.

Although he had never planned to share his story, almost thirteen years later, Poetic discovered a passion and purpose in doing so. Presently, he has evolved into a keynote speaker, entrepreneur, published author, mental health advocate, and youth mentor.

In a recent event, the Coatesville native visited the children at King’s Highway Elementary School, where he shared excerpts from his book titled “The Inspirational Story of Ethan A. Poetic: Chronicles of Adversities, Education, Sports, Relationships, & Resiliency.”

Looking ahead, Poetic expressed optimism, stating, “There will be more to come. The best is yet to come.”

For more information on Ethan and his career, visit 6abc.

Posted by Monica Ferguson

Monica is a senior at West Chester University studying Digital Marketing. She is excited about moving to Chester County and eventually starting her career there after graduation.

Founding Partner

Our Partners

Recent Stories